URGENT CASINO BATTLE ROYALE UPDATE: MAY 28th, 29th & 30th
Hello all, so drivers are slowly responding to let us know if they are still coming in May. We do not expect all drivers to answer yet as there are a lot of issues that you have to figure out. Please if you can let me know by Sunday the 22nd of March. If we have not heard from you, we will be reaching out to you to see what your update is.
With that being said:
- Registration for all 3 classes is now open again at stirrindirtracing.com
- As of Today, we are planning on the same 3-day schedule, this may change, we will update everyone as we know more.
- IF YOU BOOKED YOUR MARCH STAY AT THE PLAZA PLEASE CALL AND CANCEL IT OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT.
- If you are coming in May, book your rooms. I have heard from some people that have rebooked that the rates are cheaper for May than the current room rates. This is probably due to the virus, so take advantage of it while it lasts!
- The Plaza has refunded all purchased ticket, they said it may be up to 10 days to see that credit. Some of the emails that were used bounced back. They will try calling the number on hand. If you do not see a refund after 10 days, you may need to contact the Plaza.
- You will need to repurchase your event tickets, if you are staying at the Plaza you will be sent a discount email after booking your rooms.
- Understand that everyone is in CHAOS mode right now. So, we ask that you be patient with everyone.
The Plaza has postponed the derby and moved the date of Casino Battle Royale to:
MAY 28TH, 29TH AND 30TH
Considering the evolving situation of COVID-19 across the nation, our first concern is the safety of all of our demolition derby family. We ask that everyone continue to be patient with us and all of those that you will have to interact with to move or cancel your plans.
With this news, we want to make sure 1) you know what to do with your flights/hotel rooms/purchased tickets, 2) we need to know which drivers can still participate in May, and 3) know that we are continually grateful for your support.
- TICKETS/HOTEL/FLIGHTS info:
- Tickets: The Plaza will immediately be issuing a full refund on all tickets purchased.
- Hotel Rooms: If you have booked a room, then YOU will need to contact the Plaza and cancel AND THEN rebook a new reservation for the new dates. Again, YOU need to be the one to call the Plaza (702-386-2110 or 800-634-6575). Please be patient with Plaza personnel through this process.
- After you rebook your rooms, there will be an email sent about purchasing your event tickets.
- Flights: If you have already booked your flights for the event, most airlines are being understanding and are seeming willing to credit/cancel/move flights as necessary. There can be long hold times for these calls, so again be patient and know that things will get worked out.
- CURRENT DRIVERS:
Everyone take time to digest this news and assess your situation with work, family and travel. If you cannot make it to the event, we will issue a refund of your entrance fee.
We understand that you may not be able to make the date change. Though we hope you still can join us for another competitive show, great party, and reason to celebrate!
Unfortunately, this is out of our control. States are mandating these event cancellations. Due to the difficulties, ALL of us will have work to do to adapt to these changes, therefore we urge you to be patient with Stirrin’ Dirt. We are working hard to make the best of an unforeseen situation.
Additionally, we will be re-opening registration for all 3 classes, to allow more drivers to register. Stay tuned for that information.
- THANK YOU:
We have so many of you reaching out about the event. We appreciate your support and again, we apologize for the inconveniences. We were hoping for an outcome that would allow us to move forward with the current show, but it was not to be.
We hope all of you can take care of yourselves and families during this time. We will all regroup and invite you to join us for one hell of a show! as everyone will have pent up frustrations to release!
If you have additional concerns, please contact me directly via a new email, not on this thread. I do not want to miss anyone.
Stirrin’ Dirt Racing
Johnny, Gumby, Jeri and Crew.