DIXIE DESTRUCTION April 23RD, HURRICANE UTAH
First If you are not going to make it please let me know ASAP! We have 3 spots left in the limited class if you know of anyone.
Attached is the arena layout. The arena entrance has changed, and it is highlighted on the right side of the map. When you exit turn off of West state RIGHT onto 5300 West and just past the DMV turn LEFT staying on 5300 West. The arena entrance will be on your right-hand side about 100 yards after you turn. DO NOT COME IN THE OLD Way, if you pass Wheeler Machinery you went too far. Have plenty of parking but you will be parked. It cannot be a park anywhere.
For those of you coming in on Friday, we will be doing inspections of hopefully 10 ish cars from 3pm until 7:30 pm. If they let us go longer, great but probably will be too dark. If we can go longer, we will. You are welcome to leave your cars and trailers at the arena, if you do this, I would definitely tarp your cars just an FYI.
There is a concert at the arena starting at 8pm. It is Walker Hayes country if you would like to go here is the link for concert tickets. Most of us will just be hanging out. Watching the concert come join us. Tickets go on sale Dec 6th and will go fast.
- BELOW IS THE INFORMATION FOR HOTELS
- Pit Passes will be available at the back gate. WHILE THEY LAST! You get driver plus one with your entrance fee. Additional pit passes are $20 If you wish to just purchase regular tickets, you will need to go thru http://washcofair.net/entertainment/demolition-derby/
- FIX IT PLATES: For Limited weld cars we will be providing your fixit plates. They will need to be purchased at the pit table. 8 plates for $20, (that is our cost)
- BONUS: LIMITED WELD CARS, IF YOU PASS INSPECTION THE FIRST TIME YOU MAY PUT 2 OF YOUR 8 PLATES ON YOUR CAR BEFORE THE DERBY STARTS. (must follow pre-run plate rules)
- This is a fresh car only race for the limited weld cars. If you have a slightly hurt pre-run, send pics and call us.
- FRIDAY INSPECTIONS- Anyone arriving Friday and would like to be inspected Friday night we would appreciate it. We would like to get 10 cars done Friday night 4pm until 7 pm ish, it is more relaxing as well as it will allow you all to relax and sleep in on Saturday.
- SATURDAY INSPECTIONS– Will start at NOON pit gates will be closed at 4 pm, Tech closes at 5 pm. Official’s discretion.
- You will have 2 hours to fix your cars once your first inspection is complete unless 5pm comes first.
- RULES: Attached are the rules (same one on the website) PLEASE READ THEM if you do not have them.
- USE FACEBOOK MESSENGER, it is the easiest and quickest, we will respond within 24 hours
- Please send pics if needed with your questions. it is easier to respond and a lot shorter
- Head tech is Dale Schafer if you can’t message text pics and questions to 406-491-6928, he will call you back. (He works for a living, please be respectful of that. but always start with Facebook message.)
- You can also message or text me, Johnny 801-458-3990, I don’t have a job, so I can funnel questions where they need to go faster)
- Mini car and wire class questions go to Gumby 435-496-3636
- Please respect our time we have families and jobs (well not me) and may take a bit to get back to you. We will always do our best to get back ASAP and within 24 hours.
- Points race: This is the first points race of the season; you must declare it as such and if you want it as a double point race when you arrive and register with Jeri if you are running points race. For points race information go to Stirrin Dirt’s Facebook page.
- Hotels: this is a peak tourist season for the area. Here is a list of some of the hotels at the end of this letter. BOOK ASAP! You may want to try VRBO, note: if you are coming from the north, Cedar City is 30 minutes away as another option.
WE ARE EXCITED TO HAVE A LOT OF FUN AND A GREAT YEAR!
If you have any other questions send me a message or call Johnny or Gumby.
INFORMATION FOR HOTELS
When you register tell them you are a contestant for the Derby at the Fair, they may or may not have discounts. We have no control over this so book early and do the best you can. Arena location is 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane, Utah 84737 (Google Maps)
Comfort Inn St. George North
974 N. 2720 E. St. George, Utah
$65 plus tax double occupancy
Coronada Inn & Suites
559 E. St. George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770
1. 50 + Tax for 1 person staying in the room.
2. 55 + Tax for 2 or more persons staying in the room.
Rooms come with a kitchenette, dining table and a couch. Swimming pool and breakfast is also open.
Thursday–$56+tax/room/night (2 queen beds)
Friday and Saturday–$68+tax/room/night (2 queen beds)
Hampton Inn & Suites SunRiver
1250 W. SunRiver Parkway, St. George, UT 84790
Hilton Garden Inn
1731 S Convention Center Dr, St. George, UT 84790
Phone: (435) 634-4100
1 King Rooms – $64
2 queens – $74
1808 South Crosby Way, St. George, UT 84790
Phone: (435) 628-8007
1 King Rooms – $64
2 queens – $74
Tru by Hilton
1251 S. Sunland Drive, St. George, UT 84790
$75 room rate