$30,000 MAY MANIA TWO MAN TEAM DERBY
& FARM TRUCK (STOCK) DERBY and POWER WHEELS
MAY 14th 7 pm
Golden Spike Arena, Ogden Utah!
Ok sorry we have taken so long; I have had family health issues in Buffalo that took priority. Thank you for being patient! In my limited time to pull this together I may have missed some things and will go back and correct them. Everything should be 99% correct though.
Just a note: the website is open for registration, we are working on getting the rest updated, let us know if you have have any issues please.
We are excited to announce that we are going BACK!! Back to the Golden Spike Arena which everyone loves! Taking MAY MANIA BACK to what worked for years! A TWO man Team Show! We are also going BACK to having FUN, most of you can agree that the last couple of years the fun seems to have disappeared. So we are going back in the rules when inspections were easy, builds were easy and cheaper. We are trying to eliminate that constant battle on rules, time and frustration on both sides at the inspection. We want to continue to do what we do best, take care of the drivers by paying well and giving back to them and putting on a fantastic show for the crowd. We want to grow this show into a 2 or 3 day show and make it a 3 man or 4 man team show again. But we need to start back at the basics and grow to that. The Golden spike has done some facility modifications for camping and other things that will allow us to do this. But some of you know that the Spike has given us fits in the past in the areas of tickets, food and some other things. We believe we have worked with them and come up with some good solutions to try, these are listed below.
Don’t get us wrong, we believe there is a place for the extreme builds, but in talking to most of the drivers they only want to build one or maybe 2 of them per year. We encourage you to support those shows if you want that build! Our show being the first one of the year, allows you to not tie up your expensive parts in a car that you may not be able to run for months and it will run as a pre-run also.
The rules had input from a lot of drivers some you may like or dislike all or some, but we feel they are a fair easy set of rules that allow you to build a really good car.
Retro Rules are 99% done and posted on our website www.stirrindirtracing.com. We will get the final version out when I return home from Buffalo.
We hope you are excited we have 10 teams ready to sign up they are just waiting for us to announce! We hope you all will be as excited as we are. We are going to keep working on bringing other things into this show to make it FUN again!
Register at www.stirrindirtracing .com
$30,000 + TOTAL PAYOUT
Payouts are Per Team
- 1st place $10,000
- 2nd place $5,000
- 3rd place $2,500
- 4th place $1,250
- Heat winners $1000 per Team
- Grudge winners $500 per Team
FARM TRUCK (STOCK) DERBY (minimum 6 trucks needed)
- 1st place $1,500
- 2nd place $750
- 3rd place $375
- Mad Dog $500
POWER WHEELS will need 12 participants to have.
20 Teams 4 heats of 5 teams (may change based on final teams showing)
2 Teams advance out of each heat (may change based on final teams showing)
1 Teams advance out of each grudge, if we only have 1 grudge than 2 will advance
Team Drivers/Teams info:
- Team Entrance Fee is $400, which upon showing and driving $200 will be refunded.
- Truck Entrance Fee is $50
- Each Driver will receive 2 stadium seat tickets, 2 pit passes, a shirt and 1 Free meal coupon.
- *Note Pit Pass visibility of the arena is limited; you cannot sit in the grandstands Per GSEC Ticketing Rules. Due to this issue additional pit passes have been reduced to $10 as this is a PIT PASS.
- Registered Drivers will have the ability to buy 10 additional grandstand tickets at a discounted price of $15 from March 1st thru March 31st Directly from the Golden Spike Event Center before they go on sale to the public.
- For those of you who are familiar with the spike, they do not allow food into the pits or arena and there was no available food prior to 5:30, So we have negotiated a deal that will allow us to have our own Food booth in the Pits, we will give every Team 2 Free meal coupons for this booth. Part of the money raised at this booth will go to charity, as always please help support!
General Ticket information:
Tickets will go on sale on April 1st, we are back to the Golden Spike and this Arena ALWAYS sells out.
A limited number of discounted tickets for $17 will be available in Logan, Ogden, SLC and Heber. more info to follow.
Tickets at GSEC, Smith Tix, RegTix and the Golden spike event center will be available, Adults $20, Child 12 and under $15